Search This Blog

4.10.2010

Quickie Update

Well, my bowels seem to finally be recovering from Aunt Flo's latest catastrophic visit, knock on wood.  Last Saturday I began taking my 5mg of Prednisone every other day, and so far things are stable enough (although not perfect by any stretch).  I've definitely been pooping more, and the results have dropped from 4 to 5 on the Bristol stool chart, but I can probably blame myself for that.  I've been in kind of a foul mood, and haven't wanted to think about the IBD much, so I've been neglecting the blog and Twitter as a result- this is very irresponsible of me since I keep this blog as a way of keeping myself in line. I'm supposed to come here and confess the IBD "sins" I've committed- like drinking coffee on the weekends and eating too much junk food.  Then I'm supposed to feel guilty and atone for my sins by behaving (can you tell I was raised Catholic?).  Basically what I'm saying is that I've been making stupid food choices this week, and that's probably playing a role in the decline of my pooh quality.

My hair is still constantly shedding, and I've had some new joint problems this week.  My right wrist has been giving me trouble (this may simply be due to computer use) and my heels/Achilles tendons have been stiff to the extent that I limp when I walk.  I'm hoping these new issues will go away as the Prednisone works its way out of my body, but I might check in with my doc next week just in case. 

And that's all for now, folks.  More to come (eventually)...

No comments: