Search This Blog

9.28.2008

Green Mountain Style

At the beginning of this week (9/22) I was having some issues with my gag reflex and the need to vomit. I'd dry heave a little in the morning, and then I'd either get the urge to, or actually would, barf in the late afternoon/early evening. On Wednesday I surprised myself as I expected to just spit up a little bile and move on, but instead I hurled up my entire lunch. This just so happened to be one hour before a cab was scheduled to pick me up and take me to La Guardia. I popped a Tums and took a little rest, but I still felt off when I was at the airport. I sat with my eyes closed for the entire flight, which was apx. 1 hour from New York to Burlington, VT. I felt better when I got home to my parent's house, but was a little gaggy in the morning. I drank a little coffee and ate a small piece of homemade zucchini bread and then went over to my grandmother's house where I had 1/2 a turkey sandwich on rye with mustard. I had a nasty headache and was still burpy most of that day. I took a Tums in the middle of the day, around 2:30, and popped 2 Tylenol around 5. For dinner we had beef kabobs with grilled onions and roasted potatoes. I felt better and went over to a friend's house that night. The next day I didn't feel pukey in the morning. I got up and made some coffee, and had a scrambled egg with a small serving of home fries and a generous serving of corned beef hash. I was pretty lazy all day until dinner. We had baked salmon with lemon-dill marinade and cous-cous. This seemed like a pretty light meal to me, but I was on the verge of exploding for the rest of the night. I felt so bloated and sick that I was in bed by 8:30, wallowing and belching and farting the pain away. I woke up feeling okay, however, and produced a nice movement in the morning.
Last night I slept funny and screwed up my neck. That or I threw it out by carrying the cat around in a basket and picking her with my back and not my knees. Either way I'm doped up on Valium and have a heat pack stuck to my shoulders. Today we had taco kit tacos for lunch (I had four and would eat four more if I had them) and then I went to a local farmer's market where I had a fried dough and fresh lemonade. We had a big family dinner tonight- I had a salad comprised of boston lettuce and tomatoes with oil and vinegar, eggplant parmesean over angel-hair pasta, and two small lamb chops. I took a swig of mylanta before dinner and again after, before devouring a chocolate mousse and a large slice of cheesecake. I've been farting a lot since then, but I had a nice hot cup of tea after dessert that eased some of the bloating.
I can't think of a clever picture for this post, so you'll just have to use your imagination.

No comments: