Search This Blog

9.02.2011

Lets Talk Titties *Updated 9/8*


So last weekend I managed to injure my right tit while playing wii sports with too much vigor. Whoops. I went to visit my physician today just to get it checked out, because the sore spot on the right side of my right boob felt a little thicker than usual and the pain has been bothering me for about five days now. I do happen to have PMS, which certainly doesn't help in that respect.

Some history - In 1999, the summer before I left began college, I had a breast reduction which brought me from an E cup to a C cup. Unfortunately my many years on prednisone left me with thin skin so the scars have never fully faded, and I find my breast to be excessively stretch marked. I have yet to find a lotion or topical solution to fix this. I typically refer to them as my "Frankentits," sometimes proudly, sometimes angrily. Per my GP they are also "the lumpiest breasts I have ever felt." Not quite the superlative I was looking for.

She didn't find any specific lumps of concern, but I'm scheduled for a mammogram next week just to be safe. I honestly should have had one shortly after the surgery, to provide a base-reference for mammograms of the future, but I never did. I'll blame it on college getting in the way.  So stay tuned for an update, as I'm sure I'll be eager to share the inevitable pain of having my already aching tits pancaked into an x-ray device.



**UPDATE** The titty crushing went swimmingly! I had the honor of breaking in a new mammography machine - Fancy! I won't say I'm in the clear until I hear it from my doctor, but the technician didn't seem to betray any sense of concern, and mentioned several times that it's normal for a woman my age to have lumpy breasts, especially if I've had reduction surgery. She was pretty tickled when I told her I assumed I injured myself playing Wii tennis.

In addition to the tit tests I had an ultrasound on my thyroid because my doc thought the right side was a bit large last I saw her. The US tech told me it seemed slightly bigger than the left side, but not enlarged - more likely a natural asymmetry, like when one foot is bigger than the other or one testicle hangs extra-low.

Image source: dvtalk.com

No comments: