Search This Blog

1.30.2010

CHEEK WATCH 5

This week I tapered down to 35mg of Prednisone, and in the lipstick pictures above I think I see my face coming down a bit- but I think it has to do with the fact that I took those pictures later in the day.  The last picture on the end was taken just now, at 7:30a.m. and I'm looking pretty puffy.  The other night I caved and ordered Chinese food (I had my period this week, which saps my patience and my will power) and when I woke up my mug was really swollen. Oh, and if you hadn't guessed this cheek watch thing is in no way a controlled study.  I should really be taking care to make sure all the variables and camera settings are consistent each time, but I'm quick and dirty so that's what you get.

I've been having roid rage this week, also exacerbated by being on the rag, I'm sure.  I'm drafting another entry on that topic, though, so I'll wait to elaborate.  I went swimming for a few minutes on my lunch break the other day, just to do a few laps with the kick board to stretch my legs.  My legs have actually been getting a lot better, knock on wood.  I've been able to stand for longer periods of time, and walk at a faster pace.  I have tried to run for the bus a couple of times, and while I haven't screwed myself yet I can tell I'm pushing my luck.  Lifting my thighs is still a bit of a challenge.  I've really enjoyed working on a 10-6 schedule, I've been waking up around 7:30 every day, which gives me time to ease into my pill routine and have a little breakfast. I've always hated eating breakfast, and I still don't care to eat right after waking up, but now I'm starting to like having a smoothie or a slice of toast before heading out the door.  I think my aversion to breakfast has also stemmed from not wanting to eat before getting on the train for fear of making myself have to poop. 

Tomorrow I scale back to 30mg of Prednisone, and am meant to check in with the gastro on Monday.  The following week I'll go in for a face-to-face, and I should have some blood test results coming my way soon.  I'm still working on retraining my palate in preparation for considering an elimination or specific carbohydrate diet.  The one thing I haven't been able to sacrifice is soy.  Tofu is too much of a crutch for me when not eating red meat, dairy, or sugar.  I honestly don't think soy is a "trigger food" for me anyway, as it usually makes me feel pretty good, but if I have to give it up down the line to avoid Remicade I'll do it.  But for now it's staying in rotation.  This is making me hungry so I'm going to go make breakfast now.

No comments: