Search This Blog

6.11.2009

DIY-Crohn's edition!


I'm sure all IBD patients can relate to the frustration of being mis-diagnosed. I was eight when I first began to exhibit symptoms, told "It can only be a fissure, it can only be a fissure." FF four years, dehydrated, puking, vomiting, and bleeding out my ass only to be hospitalized and eventually diagnosed with Crohns, then ten years later re-diagnosed with colitis.

Well this gal here, Miss Jessica Terry, couldn't figure out what was causing her stomach pain so she took matters into her own hands. Yes, Jessica Terry, 18 years old, diagnosed herself with Crohn's as part of her AP science class. You know the American Medical System is totally fucked up when...

Congratulations Jessica, and I hope you're on the path to recovery!!

No comments: