Search This Blog

6.17.2010

Serenity NOW!

I can't recall if I mentioned my increase of Celexa, but I've gone up from 10 to 20mg a day, and it is working wonders!  Of course there will always be people I want to punch in the eye, but I can now advance beyond that impulse faster than I could before.  This is not to say I don't often wonder if it's a bad thing to be masking my natural instincts and reactions, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.  I don't see us leaving the city any time soon, so for now it's necessary.

I'm not sure if being calmer is helping, or if it's all credited to the Lialda, but my poop has been great lately.  I've been eating whatever I want and have succumbed to my summer indulgence of Iced coffee every morning, and touch wood it hasn't wrecked me yet (tho I am still avoiding booze at all costs). I've been trying to get to the gym at least twice a week, usually on my lunch break.  I'll do some push ups and yoga stretches, then ride the exercise bike while lifting 5lb free weights for 10-15 minutes.  J and I also walk dogs for our neighbors, which is a great little workout in itself- especially when the dogs are three pit bulls and a giant chow mix.

So overall I'm feeling better, holding steady and hoping to stay that way.  I've been going to a great new pharmacy, where there's never a line and the service is excellent.  I think my hair is coming out a little less, and maybe my skin is clearing up?  Send some positive, pore-clearing thoughts my way.

xoxo
Li'l Crohnsie

No comments: