Search This Blog

6.01.2008

I've Been Really Sick

So for the past three weeks I've been down with some mystery illness. It started on May 12th when I was reporting for Jury Duty. Thank God I got dismissed because calling out sick and dealing with that bs would have been a nightmare. Anyway, I felt woozy the whole day but figured it was from a lack of eating so I hit the grocery store on the way home- only instead of eating lunch when I got back I passed out dead asleep for two hours. I woke up feeling great- cooked dinner, watched a movie, blah blah blah. But at 5:30 am that fillet mignon I was so happy to have found on sale was snaking its way up my throat. I figured it to be food poisoning but nothing was coming out of my butt. I spent the rest of the day puking and sleeping and then I called my doctor who called in a prescription for an anti-nausea medication that my boyfriend was so kind to pick up for me. I went in to see my doctor on the 15th, when I was feeling well enough to walk over there. She initially diagnosed me with viral meningitis, but changed the diagnoses to gastroenteritis upon seeing my blood test results. My white cell count was low, potassium was low, I was grossly dehydrated and probably should have gone to the hospital but I didn't. She put me on the antibiotic Cipro which I had to time with the anti-nausea medicine in order to not puke it back up. So this went on for a good two weeks before I started eating again. I didn't record anything for this blog during my illness because a) I was too damned tired and b) I wasn't eating therefore I wasn't pooping. I still have a slight fever and don't know exactly what's wrong with me and I'm still not pooping every day. I threw up my birth control pill a few times so my cycle got screwed up and I wound up getting my period twice which ROYALLY fucked me up. I've been sleeping and gagging all weekend and I think it's made me constipated. But I'm trying to get back on track with this, so bear with me. I'm lazy to begin with but I'm extra lazy when I'm not feeling well.

No comments: